My Interior Design practice in Sedona is focused on creating unique interiors for my clients’ dream home projects. These custom homes require color palettes for paint and stucco, tile and stone selections for flooring and walls, as well as cabinetry and stains, plumbing fixtures, lighting selections, and window treatments. I also assist with evaluating possibilities for using existing furnishings and artwork in the new home, and then supplementing with new recommendations where needed.
Some of the smaller scale design projects have included interior space planning to improve the functions of existing spaces, revitalizing existing spaces with fresh paint palettes, selecting new materials for remodel work, and consulting on design improvements for offices, hospitality, and healthcare spaces. I’ve also designed several commercial and institutional projects in Sedona and the Verde Valley. As a result of these local design experiences, I have developed good working relationships with the primary suppliers, sub-contractors, and builders who team up to bring these projects to life.
While exploring places where we might want to live in retirement, my husband Michael and I decided to visit Sedona. Who could not fall for these spectacular red rocks, and the clear, starlit skies? We found a perfect new home site, and fulfilled our dream of building our own home here.
I’m thrilled to be living in this environment, and to be sharing my talents with others as they discover the wonders of living here. I’ve been enjoying making new friends and clients along the way, and discovering new places to hike and explore in the Southwest. I have become a Master Gardner in the process, and contribute volunteer time to several local entities, including especially “Keep Sedona Beautiful.”
– American Society of Interior Designers (ASID), Allied Member, Northern Arizona Chapter
– California Council for Interior Design Certification (CCIDC), Certified Interior Designer
– International Interior Design Association (IIDA), Professional Member
– Color Marketing Group (CMG), Member
– LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP)
– Certified Colortime Image Consultant, Training with Leatrice Wiseman (Pantone Director)
– UCLA Professional Designation in Interior Design, Three-Year Program
– USC Graduate, Bachelor of Arts Degree in Fine Arts
– Color/ Design Training Program with Leatrice Eiseman, Director of Eiseman Center for Color Information and Training
DESIGN, Mar 2004, Designs for Senior Environments, Assisted Living Project: Casa Guadelupe, Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary, Montebello, CA
Dunn-Edwards Paints, Specs + Spaces, 2010 Volume 5, Issue 1, Featured two projects on ‘Healing Designs’: Alicia Surgery Center, Laguna Hills, CA and North Orange County YMCA, Fullerton, CA
Forbo Flooring, Marmoleum Creations North America, Jan 2004, Flooring Design for St. Mary Medical Center – Mary Hilton Obstetric Clinic, Long Beach, CA
Green Business Quarterly, Jan/Feb 2010, 2 pg Interview about Sustainability Efforts in our (Snowden Design’s) Design Projects
Healthcare Design Magazine, Feb 2006, “Interior Design – Not ‘just colors’ anymore”, quoted in article